Winter Concert and Christmas Cruise

Story told by: Lainey

Yesterday was a big day! It started with my winter concert at school in the afternoon.

Before going to school, Mommy got a couple of pictures of me in my festive clothes.

Joseph’s grandma got a good picture of us at school together!

Here are my songs!

Mommy accidentally cut this song a little short, but you get the idea.

Immediately following the performance, we had to pick up Daddy at work and head to Coeur d’Alene for the light cruise! We have had almost no snow this winter, but on Friday it decided to dump snow. A lot of snow. What is normally a two hour drive, took us 3 1/2 hours. It was a stressful, treacherous drive.

Our plans for dinner had to be changed because we didn’t have time, so we had to get food from a gas station. (Mommy and Daddy didn’t seem thrilled about it, but we were stoked to be getting popcorn, cereal bars, and bananas for dinner!) Once we arrived at the resort, we got stuck in traffic. With some distance to go, we all jumped out with Mommy to try to make it to the check-in point before the boat left, while Daddy went to find parking. We are running through snow drifts, the boys are falling in the snow, they’re both crying, and Mommy keeps dragging us and encouraging us to run with baby steps so we don’t fall on the ice and snow. We’re wet and sweaty when we arrive at the check-in point, and they tell us we have five minutes before the boat leaves, so we’ll make it! Then they ask for the tickets. Mommy looks for them and discovers she had dropped them while running through the snow. She asks if there was anything that could be done, and they tell Mommy they’re not sure if they’ll have enough time to do something, so Mommy promptly burst into tears in front of Santa’s elves. (Mommy may have just about had enough.) Turns out a crying mother is the only ticket they need, though, because they let us right onto the boat after that.

Waiting by the boat while Daddy runs to join us.

As the boat was leaving, we saw the Grinch running along the dock.

Checking out the neat light displays along Lake Coeur d’Alene.

Then we bundled up to head outside on the boat because we were nearing the North Pole. (Notice Daddy still in work clothes because he didn’t have time to change. He was running through snow in work pants and dress shoes.)

After 20 minutes or so, we arrived at the North Pole! There’s Santa!

Listening to Santa reading names off the nice list.

My face when Santa read our names off the nice list. We made it on the nice list!!

Family picture on our way back from the North Pole.

We got some delicious hot chocolate to warm up.

Despite the chaos and stress to get here, the cruise itself was really fun!

But then we had another 3 1/2-hour treacherous drive home, made even harder by more snow, less light, and no visible road lines. Also, Henry and I accidentally switched waffles for breakfast a couple of days ago, and he ate my waffle with egg in it. His reaction to eggs can be delayed by up to three days, so last night on the way home is when it kicked in. Poor guy screamed and cried most of the way home because his tummy hurt. We pulled in to our house just minutes before midnight. Mommy and Daddy got us into bed, and Daddy declared we’re never doing this again. We’ll see if he sticks to that, but I do have a feeling that it may be a little while until we see you again Coeur d’Alene Light Cruise.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: