Wallowa Lake Camping, 2017

Story told by: Brody

We had our final camping trip of the summer at Wallowa Lake State Park in eastern Oregon this past weekend! The Campbells drove over seven hours to join us!

When we first arrived, Daddy worked on putting up the tent while we got to work on exploring the site.

Once the Campbells arrived, Addie and Lainey jumped on their bikes right away!

Mommy got to hold Baylen while the Campbells got their car unloaded. Such a cute kid!

Lainey and Henry enjoyed walking Baylen up and down the street.

Karl made delicious steak and hot dogs for dinner!

I ate my hot dog in no time at all!

I quickly showed Mommy and Daddy that it was going to be one dirty weekend.

We were THRILLED to find out that we could have a fire the first night (when we didn’t think we’d be able to have any fires at all). A burn ban was going into effect at 12:01 a.m., so we made sure to use up most of our s’more supplies on the first night.

My favorite s’more was one with a peanut butter cup!

The adults stayed up way too late talking around the campfire the night before, so when I woke them up at 5:10 a.m., they first made coffee, and then Daddy got to work on bacon and eggs!

Sleepy-eyed Mommy got in some snuggles with Henry over breakfast.

After breakfast Lainey found some sticks to build a house.

We went to check out the playground, and Baylen loved the swing!

Checking out a large deer that walked into the playground. I had no fear and was ready to walk up to ride on the deer, but Daddy wouldn’t let me. He’s no fun.

Ready to walk into town to explore!

We ADORE this family!

Turns out these two can occasionally get along.

Our first stop was for some giant ice cream cones!

But first I had to throw a loud (and very public) temper tantrum.

Okay, now we can eat.

Mommy and Victoria got their coffee, and all is right with the world.

The Campbells found a place for Addie to take a short pony ride. She loved it!

While she did that, Daddy and Henry went on a go kart ride!

Henry was very serious the whole time, but he LOVED it!

I REALLY wanted to go, so Mommy and I went together while Daddy and Lainey went together. As soon as I got buckled in, I threw a fit because I wasn’t with Daddy (even though I was previously given a choice). I should be able to change my mind at a moment’s notice, but Mommy didn’t seem to agree.

As soon as we started going, though, I loved it!!

There go Daddy and Lainey in the Wonder Woman car (which is exactly the car Lainey wanted)! I had fun waving to Daddy and Lainey when we’d see them on the track. They passed us once, but Mommy vowed to speed up after that.

After go karts, we walked back to the campsite.

Baylen didn’t make it for the walk home.

Baylen, Addie, and I took naps while Lainey and Henry got to play for a bit.

The adults really wanted to play Mexican Train, so they let Lainey and Henry do quiet time in the car.

They partially destroyed the car, but the adults were able to play five rounds, so it was totally worth it!

After naps, we put sunscreen on to head down to the lake. And then I immediately rolled in dirt.

It was pretty cold water!

Lainey and Addie were the craziest of the crew! They went pretty far out in the water.

We played for about 20 minutes, and then it started raining just a tiny bit, so we started packing up to head back to the site. Big bummer!

Daddy ran ahead of us to put up the canopy, and thank goodness he did, because by the time we arrived, it was pouring! Then, as we went inside our tent to get dressed, it started hailing!

We stayed under the canopy playing games and coloring through the worst of the storm.

Once the rain slowed to a drizzle, we put on our rain coats and went exploring.

Henry was one dangerous kid with this giant stick.

Daddy and Mommy made tacos for dinner. Yum!

We went on a rainy hike to get out some energy before bed.

Henry hurt his back on that log, but still tried to pose for the “I’m so strong I made it to the top” picture.

After we went to bed, the adults finished their game of Mexican Train.

Mommy was the winner! And, after an initial surge, Daddy fell behind into his yearly Mexican Train place.

On Sunday morning, we woke up to lots of rain. And mud. We were getting so wet, and limiting Mommy’s ability to help Daddy pack up quickly, that we got strapped into our car seats and got to watch a couple of shows on the iPad.

Karl helped Daddy pack up the tent. Since everything was soaking wet, Daddy was going to have to unpack everything once we go home so it could dry. That means they just rolled the tent up in a tarp, and shoved it in the car. Good to go!

One final picture before heading home! Such a fun weekend with some of our favorite people!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: