The Start of Our Adventure

Story told by: Lainey

We started our trek to Illinois last week by staying a night in Ellensburg on our way to fly out of Seattle. (We wanted to avoid bad weather that was forecast to arrive, and thank goodness we left early because it hit hard with ice and snow a few hours after we left.)

It came to no surprise to us, though, when Brody refused to go to sleep. And cried in his pack ‘n play until 10 p.m. until Mommy finally pulled him in to bed with her. Which kicked Daddy out of bed to sleep with me. And then he woke us all up at 5 a.m. This kid is a creature of comfort and likes his own bed and his own bedroom.

The positive of getting up extra early is that we were on the road again by 7 a.m. Mommy and Daddy made sure to get GIANT coffees.

We made it to Na Na and Ba Ba’s house in Tacoma by 9:30 a.m. We opened early Christmas presents as soon as we arrived. Na Na made me a beautiful doll. I love it!

Ba Ba gave Daddy a climbing harness to use for his radio tower. Thank goodness Daddy will be safe now when he’s climbing high into the sky.

After naps we went to see Donder and Blitzen. They were resting up before Christmas Eve.

They were really fun to watch!

Early the next morning, Ba Ba took us to the airport. Daddy was a champ and carried car seats, luggage, and a child.

Henry and I were very excited to have the responsibility of our own backpacks filled with snacks and activities.

Ready to go!

Daddy and Henry sat across the aisle from us.

Brody, Mommy, and I all sat together. And boy oh boy, I wish I had been sitting with Daddy and Henry. Brody was good for the first 20 minutes or so of the flight, and then he went into full-blown temper tantrum mode for the next 3 1/2 hours. Not cool, Brody. Not cool.

After collecting the numerous items that Brody had thrown around the plane in a raging, crazy temper tantrum, we were the last people off the plane. And because we were the last people off, we had time for the pilot to invite us into the cockpit. So cool!!

He even let us sit in the seats. Look at all those buttons!

We were so excited to get off the plane and find Grandma! Grandpa had to work, so after a quick dinner at Cracker Barrel (one of Mommy’s favorites), we drove to Grandma and Grandpa’s house.

We awoke early the next morning, and immediately put Grandma to work with playdough.

And then it was time to make sugar cookies!

We were very busy! We ended up with 90 cookies. That should last us for awhile!

While on a quick trip to the grocery store, Daddy found an exotic Midwest fruit. Mommy and Daddy still have no idea what this is!

We went to a cool brewery in Peoria that used to be a church, but has been converted into a restaurant. Really neat!

The next day we left Normal to drive to Gma and Gpa’s house in Quincy. After spending hours in the car, Grandpa was happy to play princesses with me.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: