“Help! We’re Stuck!”

Story told by: Lainey

We’ve had another fun, busy week!

Mac and Ivy’s mommy, Christy, is sewing stockings for our family (because Mommy is hitting the pause button on cross-stitched stockings for our family since mine is only 15% done, and Mommy hasn’t even bought the patterns for the boys yet – they’ll get them by the time they’re 18 years old). While I’m in preschool, Mommy and the boys have occasionally been going to their house to hang out with the boys while Christy gets some sewing done.

Henry and I had dentist appointments and we rocked them! I let them clean my teeth perfectly, and I wasn’t even nervous.

Henry didn’t even need to sit in Mommy’s lap.

He opened up wide for Dr. Fisher, and then let the hygienist do the cleaning.

Our favorite part was picking a prize out of the prize box, and then going to play in the amazing princess castle they have at their office.

Showing off our shiny teeth and new prizes.

We bought new Sonicare toothbrushes from the dentist. Mommy and Daddy thought we would love them, but turns out that’s not the case. We’re slowly getting used to them. (And since technology is crazy, our toothbrushes have blue tooth in them that connect to an app on the iPad, which shows us how well we brush, and gives us prizes based on that.)

Since we’ve had day after day of rain, we’ve had to get creative with how to get our energy out. Here I decided to make an obstacle course with blocks. This entertained Henry and I for a good 30 minutes.

And like a good little brother, Brody can’t stay out of the picture.

I’m still LOVING dance class. I soak up everything from Miss Brooke like a sponge.

One day we had some time to kill so we went to check out the bears at WSU. Turns out all of the baby bears were in the cage (instead of playing in the field), so we got to see them up close and personal.

Comforting Henry after he let out a loud squeal of delight, which in turn prompted a very loud reply from one of the mommy bears.

While Daddy and I went to my harvest party at AWANA, Mommy and the boys made some apple cinnamon oatmeal bread.

Brody mostly tried to help by pulling the bowl off the counter.

But Henry was very helpful by adding ingredients and mixing them in.

Waiting patiently for the bread to bake.

The next morning Henry came running down to tell Mommy that Daddy and Brody were stuck in the boys’ room. Mommy didn’t believe him at first, but after hearing Daddy’s hollers, Mommy mosied on upstairs to find out that it was in fact true. There was no way to slip tools under the door, so it was up to Mommy to dismantle the doorknob. Oh, great. This is the picture that Mommy sent to Daddy as he tried to walk her through the process. It took about 25 minutes, but they were finally freed. The boys currently have no doorknob on their door, but Daddy is planning on replacing it soon.

We had Nikki, Cece, and Weston over one morning to do a craft.

Fall leaves!

We spend our rainy afternoons doing things like giant floor puzzles (that Brody tries to constantly dismantle).

Henry is also really starting to enjoy building things out of Magna-Tiles.

I had my preschool Pumpkin Party on Friday morning. We got to debut our costumes of Captain Hook, Tinkerbell, and Peter Pan!

We got to play games for lots of fun prizes.

Henry’s favorite part was the cookie.

Tinkerbell and Owlette (from the show “PJ Masks”).

It was a blast getting to wear our costumes.

And I couldn’t believe that Mrs. O’Loughlin was a crayon. Amazing!

Mya is in the Tuesday/Thursday class, so we got to see her there as well. Unfortunately we had to say our final goodbye to their family as they move to Seattle today, but it was good to have one last fun moment with them.

On Saturday morning we had our family pictures taken (which will be posted once Mommy gets them). Afterwards Mommy and Daddy’s friends, Jessica and Jason, came down from Spokane to visit for the day. I had lots of fun playing with Myla, and Mommy had lots of fun snuggling her little brother, Owen. After their family left, we went to bed, and Mommy and Daddy cheered the Cougars to an on-the-road victory (that they BARELY squeaked out). Go Cougs!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: