Eggs (plus a little extra)!

Story told by: Lainey

We’ve had a weekend filled with eggs! On Friday night, we started by dyeing Easter eggs.

I wanted to take the egg out as soon as I dipped it in the dye, but Mommy convinced me to leave it in a little longer so I would get some bright colors. I tried to wait as patiently as I could.

Henry and Daddy also dyed some eggs. Henry made it a little more challenging, but Daddy was a champ!

As the eggs came out of the dye, we had to wait for them to dry.

Once the eggs were dry, we got to add stickers.

I was very proud of our eggs! I couldn’t wait to eat them because I thought there was candy hidden inside. Mommy explained to me that we had to wait until the Easter egg hunt the next day to get the eggs with treats inside.

On Saturday morning, we went to the Pullman Easter egg hunt. We tried to get some pictures, but Henry was a little distracted.

Neither of us were really ready for pictures. I was making silly faces (while Henry continued to wander around in the background).

Both of our egg hunts started at 10:00, but the one-year-olds and three-year-olds were in different areas. Daddy was going to stay with Henry and Mommy was going to come with me. Henry is ready to get some eggs!

Before the egg hunt started, Daddy and Henry had time to check out the fire truck.

He even sat up in the truck. Brave boy!

They also got a sticker from Slinky the Clown.

Meanwhile, Ivy and I waited patiently for the egg hunt to start. We were so excited!!

We had time to scout out which eggs we were going to grab first.

As soon as the announcer said, “Go,” we took off at a run!

Meanwhile Henry and Daddy were getting lots of eggs as well!

After the eggs were collected, Ivy and I came running back to show everyone our buckets.

So many eggs!

We went to find Daddy and Henry, and once we found them, we went through our eggs to take out the yummy treats and prizes inside.

After we returned the eggs (but kept the yummy candy of course), we walked up to Mirabel’s house where we had our annual post-Easter-egg-hunt brunch. It was delicious, and I loved playing with my friends!

After our naps that afternoon, the weather was nice enough for me to try out my scooter that Great Grandma and Great Grandpa gave me for my birthday.

It was a little tricky to figure out at first, but I was starting to get the hang of it.

We went down to the playground to play for a bit.

Henry had to ride on Daddy’s shoulders because Henry absolutely refuses to stay on the sidewalk. He is slightly crazy!

Daddy and I practiced our balancing.

Henry tried to climb on anything and everything.

After Daddy and I spent some time swinging, we headed back home. We had to have dinner, take a bath, and get ready for bed because the Easter Bunny was coming!!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: