End of a Great Trip

Story told by: Lainey

We flew home on Friday! Before we left Illinois, though, we had a few more eventful activities packed into our last couple of days.


I went to see my first movie in the movie theater! We saw “Big Hero 6,” and I loved it! Uncle Jared and Ericka watched Henry, so it was a special moment for just me.


Grandma and Grandpa bought a popcorn for me, so I got to chow down while watching the movie. So fun! Mommy and Daddy highly recommend this movie to anyone with kids. It was seriously adorable!


On our last night (New Year’s Eve) at Grandma and Grandpa’s house, we got to take a special bubble bath in the giant bath tub. I couldn’t stop talking about how big it was!


After we went to bed, Mommy, Daddy, Grandma, and Grandpa played Euchre all night long.


They also had some yummy drinks (Mommy’s drink is a Shirley Temple) and treats.


As 2015 rolled in, out came the horns and festive hats.


Happy New Year!!


The next day we had to drive to our hotel in Chicago, so we stopped at Legoland for some fun. Daddy got to meet President Obama.


We went through the jungle part of Legoland, and Henry was one happy guy.


Grandpa and Daddy were pretty excited about the Star Wars exhibit.




It’s a miracle that I’m smiling in this picture. Every Lego creature terrified me. In most pictures with Henry smiling, I’m off to the side crying. We might need to wait a few years until I can come back.


Henry was very brave, though, and touched most of the creations. In fact, he tried to eat all of them.



As I got a little more comfortable, I decided to pose for a picture!


I found a fun ride to go on. Since I had been so nervous about the Legos, Mommy wasn’t sure if I would go through with the ride. I showed her, though. I LOVED it!



We found a climbing structure, and that was right up my alley!


Henry even got in on the climbing for awhile!


While I kept climbing on the play structure, Daddy took Henry to the Lego area so he could play with the Legos. (Looks like Daddy is having a little more fun with the Legos than Henry.)


Henry just enjoyed laying there.


Henry also hung out while Daddy attempted to build a structure, and then test its ability to stand up against an earthquake. In the middle of it, a little kid came up and knocked down the structure. Daddy gave up at that point.


Before we left, I requested one last ride with Grandma.

Christmas, 2014

Santa brought matching scarves for me and Mommy, so we had fun getting to wear those together today!


On our way out the door, I decided that I was finally comfortable enough with the Lego creatures to stand by one. Perfect timing.


Despite being scared at first, it ended up being a pretty fun activity! After this, we went to the mall to get shoes for Henry. (Grandma, Grandpa, and I snuck into the Disney store to find a couple of fun sweatshirts for me.) We then went to dinner, and then they took us to the hotel. It was sad to say goodbye to them, but I’m grateful for a fun visit!

Christmas, 2014

Mommy and Daddy had to wake us up at 3:45 the next morning. We both looked similar to this at the time. It wasn’t the easiest wake-up, but we managed to get out of there on time.

Christmas, 2014

Both Henry and I fell asleep for 25 minutes on the first flight. Not very long naps, but it helped us to function for the rest of the day.

Christmas, 2014

Once we landed in Spokane, we couldn’t believe our eyes….SNOW! Even though we miss Illinois, this was a fun treat to come home to. We can’t wait to build a snowman!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: